Stanfred Farm



Stanfred Farm is on Puhunga Island Rd, a farm that was known as “Davey Bros Farm” for 100 years.

It is farmed by Warrick Davey after the death of Warrick’s brother Selwyn in 2020. Now it is co-owned by family members Carol Davey and Warrick Davey.

In living memory, the soil has suffered unimaginable change in this area, which began when the government introduced settlers in the hope of establishing a new industry of dairy farming.

Warrick’s grandfather Richard Davey and wife Elizabeth arrived in 1880 from Cornwall and Devon, England. Warrick’s uncle Stan was born first with three boys and two girls in the family. Warrick’s father Fred was born in 1897.

Warrick’s late brother Selwyn used AgriSea products on the farm for many years, caring about the quality of the soil for a long time before the trial began, and Warrick is enjoying now learning more about what’s possible in soil health.

Read more about Warrick’s involvement in the Rere ki Uta, Rere ki Tai work in this NZ Herald article.


Annie and Will Davey in the early days on Davey Bros Farm in the Hauraki Plains. Photo / Davey Family.


Interested in helpful resources to help on your farm? Visit our kete/resources page

Be first to find out about new resources by joining us on Facebook and Linkedin.




Shopping Cart
Scroll to Top